Useful names and numbers for new faculty
- Computer support, http://oit.williams.edu
- Faculty help desk, for help with accounts, email, college-owned computers: x4090.
- Media Services, for help with technology in the classroom, including training in using electronic classrooms: x2112.
- Equipment Loan Center, to borrow digital or analog equipment for academic or college use: x4091 or email@example.com . For a list of the available equipment, go here.
- Instructional Technology Department Liaisons: For help with the use of technology in teaching and research, e.g. discipline-specific software and hardware, Blackboard, creation and distribution of digital video and other media, GIS, data analysis and design, and implementing new technologies.
- Mika Hirai, x4328, firstname.lastname@example.org—African-American Studies, Art, Asian Studies, Japanese, English, Linguistics, German and Russian, Graduate History of Art, Romance Languages, WCMA.
- Sharron Macklin, x4318, email@example.com—Anthropology and Sociology, CES, Geosciences, History, Latino/a Studies, Leadership Studies, Legal Studies, Religion, Williams- Mystic, Political Science, Religion.
- Jonathan Morgan-Leamon, x4468, firstname.lastname@example.org—Athletics, Dance, Humanities, Theatre, Williams-Oxford Contact: Trevor Murphy, x2231, email@example.com—Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, History of Science, Music, Physics
- Adam Wang, x4534, firstname.lastname@example.org—Asian Studies-Chinese, Economics, Mathematics & Statistics, Neuroscience, Psychology
- Chris Warren, x4323, email@example.com-Classics, Philosophy
Finding someone’s contact info. The hard-copy directory will be published in October. Until then, use your e-mail program’s directory or look-up function, or go to the online directory to find a particular person’s information (and picture).
Department contact numbers
- Anthro/Sociology x2075
- Classics x2074
- History x2394
- Psychology x2441
- Art x2377, x3578
- Computer Science x3218
- Math-Statistics x2438
- Religion x2076
- Asian Studies x2075
- Economics x2476
- Music x2127
- Romance Languages x2391
- Astronomy x2482
- English x2114
- Philosophy x2074
- Theatre x2342
- Biology x2126
- Geosciences x2221
- Physics x2482
- Chemistry x2323
- German-Russian x2391
- Political Science x2168
- Telephone problems or questions, contact Jean Richer, x4020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected Academic Resources
- Sawyer Library Circulation, x2501
- Reserve Desk, x2517
- Reference Librarian, x2505
- Water Street Books, (413) 458-8071. Textbooks; students increasingly use Amazon and the like instead.
- Office Services, x2379. Copying, xeroxing, course packets, office supplies, campus mail distribution.
- Multicultural Center. Academic and cultural programming, supports student groups, and more. x3340 (general number). Gail Bouknight-Davis, director, x4605, email@example.com. Ed Epping, Academic Director, x4803, Edward.A.Epping@williams.edu.
- Williams College Museum of Art, classroom resources. Elizabeth Gallerani, x4418, Elizabeth.Gallerani@williams.edu
- Registrar’s Office, x4286. Information on academic policies and procedures, classrooms, class hours, etc.
You can see current and past syllabi of Williams courses by asking any reference librarian or e-mailing our archivist Sylvia Kennick Brown.
- Academic support, including the Peer Tutoring Program, the Writing Workshop, the Math & Science Resource Center. Dr. Joyce Foster, Director of Academic Resources, x4672, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic and/or personal problems Contact: Dean’s Office, x4261 OR Dean Karen Merrrill, Karen.R.Merrill@williams.edu
- Suspected Honor Code violations. Do not speak to the student before calling one of the following: Contact: Dean’s Office, x4261, email@example.com (Cyndi Haley, Exec. Asst. to the Dean) OR Contact: Andres Lopez ‘09, Student Chair of the Honor Committee, 2008–2009, x3989, Andres.R.Lopez@williams.edu OR Marlene Sandstrom, Faculty Chair of the Honor Committee, 2008-2009, x3659 Marlene.J.Sandstrom@williams.edu For more information on the Honor System, go here.
- Registrar’s Office, x4286. Academic policies and procedures.
- Student and personal well-being Security Office, x4343.
- Campus emergency, x4444
- Student Escort Service, x4400
- Grief counseling, “Liferaft.” Rick Spalding, College Chaplain, x2483, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychological Counseling for students, x2353
- Rape and Sexual Assault Network, x4100
- Faculty/staff housing: Linda Brown, x2195, email@example.com
- Service for faculty/staff housing or one’s office. When something breaks, leaks, etc.: Marsha Peters, x2486, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spouse/Partner Employment Counselor: Jill Strawbridge, x4587, Jill.B.Strawbridge@williams.edu
- Benefits (esp. insurance, TIAA-CREF, etc.): Janet Bartlett, x4355, email@example.com 3
- Payroll (esp. witholding for taxes, etc.): Rich Davis, x4479, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Alumni Review has a section in which recent faculty publications and professional activities are listed. Contact: Amy Lovett, x4981, email@example.com
- Williams’ web site. Faculty publications and activities are also listed on the web. Contact Heather Clemow, x4065, Heather.H.Clemow@williams.edu for Williams Website. Contact Jo Procter, x4279, Jo.Procter@williams.edu for press releases.